9. What does it mean when the author says that the Bible is animated?
When Strouse says the Bible is animated he means that the Bible is alive with the power of God.
10. Write out completely four verses that indicate that the Bible is preserved forever.
Concerning Thy testimonies, I have known of old that Thou hast founded them for ever.
For ever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven.
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
12. What are the four tests of canonicity?
(1) Connection of the writer to the apostles, (2) universal acceptance, (3) does not disagree with old testament canon and (4) had the ring of inspiration are four tests of canonicity.
15. What two types of claims does the Bible make about inspiration? What is the difference between these two types of claims?
The Bible makes specific and general claims about its inspiration. Specific claims are claims that apply to a specific part of the Scriptures; while general claims are claims that apply to the entire Scriptures.
The prodigal son. The woman at the well. The woman caught in adultery. The thief upon the cross. Time and time again we find that it is those who have fallen the furthest who have also understood best—and appreciated most—the grace and mercy of God.
Jesus Christ redeems.
(Source: thethingsfuchathinks, via jesusiswhatthisworldneeds)
14. What is the meaning of static equivalency?
Static equivalency is word for word translation.
15. What is the meaning of dymanic equivalency?
Dymanic equivalency changes the cultural meaning behind the text to match the culture that the text is being translated for.
We may give our human loves the unconditional allegiance which we owe only to God. Then they become gods: then they become demons. Then they will destroy us, and also destroy themselves. For natural loves that are allowed to become gods do not remain loves. They are still called so, but can become in fact complicated forms of hatred.
C.S. Lewis; The Four Loves (via bearyourcross)
But my real source of joy is the job God has given me a job before I asked for it! God is good!