Just Friends: 23 What to Do When You Can’t Act Normal
Mulan knew there was something up with Edward. He had yet to say the gender of his new “friend” but from the dumb smile he wore during video calls that it was a girl that he thought of as a little more than cute. She knew not to pry, but he wished he could watch him lose his ability to act normal around this girl. Whomever she was, Mulan hoped that she knew to carefully handle his delicate heart.
It was true that Edward and I weren’t normal around each other. We made many mistakes, but there was thing that this we had down; communication.
When emotions are flaring up it, talking can be hard. Here are some tips.
- Talk about each other’s interests
- Give your full attention.
- Be complimentary but not excessively.
- Be willing to laugh at yourself.
- Talk about Christ-honouring things.
- Talk about blessings you have recently received.
- Talk about Bible truths you have recently learned.
- Talk about answers to prayer or prayer requests.
- Share soulwinning experiences.
- As impossible as it might seem, try to be yourself.